Measuring principle thermal tecnology MEMS
Measuring range -3 to +3 l/min (ARN)
Output signal voltage: 1÷5V
Fittings Tube OD 4 mm M5x0.8
Recommended pneumatic circuits Air and Vacuum
Temperature up to 50°C - Pressure up to 4 bar
PFMV is a flow switch/pressure switch for air and vacuum circuits.
- Accordance with the Compliance RoHS
- Extremely compact dimensions
- Ease of assembly
- Reduced flow
- Ability to detect an interruption of the vacuum
- Combined with the Display PFMV3.
- Control to grip suction cups of very small objects ( it detects clogged nozzles and / or damaged)
- The switches can be mounted as close to the manifold and suction cups.
- Simple leak detection ( it detects holes in easily molded components)
- Simple detection of the presence of piece ( the presence of pieces is detected simply through small changes in flow).
The chip of the flow switch PFMV5 is constituted by a temperature sensor upstream (Ru) and by a temperature sensor downstream (Rd), arranged symmetrically to the center of a platinum thin-film heater (Rh), mounted on a membrane and a sensor at room temperature (Ra) for measuring the temperature of the gas.
When the gas is static, the temperature distribution of the concentrated gas is uniform around Rh and Ru and Rd have the same resistance.
When the gas flows from the left side, it alters the balance of the temperature distribution of the gas and the resistor Rd becomes stronger than that of Ru.
The difference in resistance between Ru and Rd is proportional to the velocity of the gas, in this way the measurement and analysis of resistance can show the direction of flow and the velocity of the gas.
Ra appears to compensate for the gas and / or the ambient temperature.